Job Title: Events Coordinator, Distinguished Events Program
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) seeks an energetic Distinguished Events Coordinator to join its Development Department. Located in New York City, LRF is the nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to funding innovative research and serving the lymphoma community through a comprehensive series of education programs, outreach initiatives, and patient services. The Foundation’s mission is to eradicate lymphoma and serve those impacted by the disease.
The Events Coordinator will help to implement a diverse portfolio of fundraising events, including the annual gala, golf invitational, wine tastings, dinners and other select events. This position reports to the Associate Director of Distinguished Events and works with development staff in the National Headquarters located in New York City and volunteers across the country.
- Serve as primary support to the Associate Director on all fundraising events in the Distinguished Events portfolio
- Coordinate all fundraising event logistics, including, but not limited to, venue and contract negotiation, rentals, catering, lighting and A/V, entertainment, volunteer, and participant experience for the Annual Gala, golf, dinners, and cocktail events, and other select events.
- Coordinate event mailings, facilitate data entry of event responses, event revenue, and coordinate/record follow-up and support confirmation
- Assist in managing fundraising event budgets and keep projections up to date for proper financial forecasting and reconciliation, and donor acknowledgement
- Responsible for high level volunteer recruitment, training, and management, including identifying and managing event-based volunteer leadership committee (auction committees, young professional committees, etc.)
- Develop and coordinate event sponsorship and event collateral materials, solicitation letters, event webpages, emails, invitations, journals, and presentations
- Conduct market research, identify constituents for partnership and sponsorship opportunities and assist with outreach as necessary
- Partner with Associate Director of Distinguished Events to steward individual event sponsors to ensure benefit delivery
- Coordinate raffles, auctions and other ancillary fundraising activities, including solicitation of in-kind goods and services
- Prepare all materials for events including name tags, printed materials, run of show binders, etc.
- Prepare event supplies and coordinate on-site setup and breakdown
- Collaborate with other departments to provide relevant content for LRF event websites and ensure targeted event promotion
- Coordinate department stewardship activity, assist with post-event wrap-up including committee meetings, volunteer and participant evaluations, budget assessments, credit card payments, invoice preparations, and financial reconciliations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of LRF’s mission and programs to promote the Foundation’s fundraising, research and patient initiatives
- Provide administrative support and perform other organizational tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be able to report to the NYC office on a daily basis when the office re-opens
- Minimum of 2 years of nonprofit professional experience required; Prior events or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communications skills required
- Very strict attention to detail required
- Outstanding ability to work well under pressure, on a broad variety of projects in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- A demonstrated ability to work well with others, as well as be self-directed
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office products; Adobe Suite and/or Canva is preferred, ability to learn new software programs
- Experience with Givergy, Luminate Online, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Willingness to travel for LRF Events (domestic), and work nights and weekends when needed
- Traveling to/from events will be required – must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and move supply boxes of 25 lbs. during event preparation and execution
- People who are immune compromised, including people in active treatment for lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, are more likely to become sick with COVID-19 or be sick for a longer time period; to keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible, staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with the primary series and one booster
How to Apply
The salary range for this position is $40,000-$54,000. Please email resume and cover letter to Rebecca Rausch, Associate Director of Distinguished Events, at email@example.com and put “Events Coordinator – Distinguished Events” in the subject line.