The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) offers financial support for people currently undergoing treatment for lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Through this program, LRF may be able to assist lymphoma patients with expenses related to their treatment.
COVID-19 Financial Assistance Grant
The COVID-19 related financial assistance grant provides limited financial assistance for patients in active treatment to help with costs including food, transportation, lodging or housing, utilities, child care, and/or devices (e.g., canes, wheelchairs, ramps, air filters).
In order to be eligible for financial assistance you must:
- Have a diagnosis of lymphoma or CLL confirmed by an oncology health care provider
- Be in active treatment for your cancer or received treatment within the last 6 months
- Live and be a legal resident of the U.S
- Have a household income that is at or below 500 percent of the U.S. federal poverty guidelines
Please note that these funds cannot support co-pays and/or coinsurance, insurance premiums, and direct costs of medicine.
Patient Aid Grant
LRF’s Patient Aid Grants provides limited financial assistance to lymphoma patients who are uninsured or have adequate medical insurance but struggle to pay for expenses related to their lymphoma treatment, such as medical bills, transportation costs to get to and from treatment, lodging expenses during treatment and childcare costs while they are at treatment. To apply for the financial assistance program, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a Patient Aid application
- Demonstrate a financial need with no more than the following amounts in assets (ie. savings, retirement, stocks/bonds):
- Single Individual: $15,000
- Couple: $20,000
- Family: $25,000
- Will undergo is currently undergoing lymphoma treatment as certified by a physician
- Must be a legal resident receiving treatment in the United States
Please note that the Patient Aid does not cover everyday living expenses, such as food, rent, or utility bills.
How to Apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-500-9976 to confirm if you are eligible. If you are eligible to apply, applicants must submit a completed application including personal demographic information, a description of their need, and income (including net household income, Social Security benefits, public assistance, and any other income/grants).
Resources for COVID-19 Financial and Emotional Support
If you have been impacted financially by the COVID-19 pandemic or are seeking emotional support, there are resources for you.